Friday, February 03, 2006

Another day in Paradise

My sister flies in from Arkansas today for the boys' birthday parties. My oldest son's birthday is January 9. On alternating years we seem to get his party close to the day. That was last year. This year, his party is February 4. My youngest son's birthday was February 1, so we're hitting his the weekend following the day.

This week has been a lot of house work. We're not the neatest people in the world, plus with both my wife & I working full time & handling the 3 kids, housework is an afterthought. We did it a little better this time, by 11 o'clock last night, I was vacuuming & that was pretty much the end. Then, the belt on the vacuum broke! Before going to the airport today, I get to stop by Sears, get a belt & hopefully finish vacuuming. Oh, that's after picking the kids up because they have noon dismissal from school today.

But, we get up this morning & find concrete in the bottom of both upstairs toilets. My wife had bought this bleach powder to help clean the toilets. In the past, she's dumped a bunch in, it scrubs all night, you flush in the morning, done, clean toilets. This time, for whatever reason, the stuff set up like concrete in the bottom of the bowl. So, before showering & dressing, I had to take screw driver & hammer & beat the stuff out of the bottom of the toilet!