Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More days in Paradise

Had a crazy weekend with both boys' birthday parties & my sister in town. To top it off, our van wouldn't start on Sunday morning. I diagnosed it as the starter, wrestled the old one off, put a new one on & it didn't work. Then, we lost some of the dashboard lights, so I gave up. After dropping my sis off at the airport, I rented a Taurus, since I drive a Ford Ranger pickup that only fits myself & 2 kids.

Had the van towed yesterday, locked myself out of the house, kicked in the back door & broke the front door lock. Bad day. The dealership called & said the van needed a new starter. I said no way, that one is brand new. I went & picked up the starter from the dealer & took it back to the parts store. The kid tested it - bad starter. Dad says that's fairly common with starters, he doesn't know why. Parts store gave me my $150 back, so I called the Ford dealer this morning & said put a new one on. That way, its his deal if its a bad starter or it doesn't fix the problem, etc, there's no finger pointing about where the starter came from & who "owns" it.

Took over control of the CSI Chapter web site yesterday. Don't have a lot of confidence in the guy I took it from. He used some strange ftp method of uploading. I tried it last night & it seemed to work. Problem is, I altered his "index.html" file & reuploaded it. The edited info came up like its supposed to, but I lost some of the background graphics! Very strange.... Should be exciting in the coming weeks as I become Web Master. My wife looks to be a HUGE help with it, as usual.

Spoke to the President. He's starting to get nominations in order for next FY. We're supposed to notify the Institute by the end of April as to next year's officers. He shares my concern that the 1st VP won't move up. I told him, after the last discussion I had with her, she can't decide, so if we let her, she'll take til June to decide. Pres said that's not acceptable, so we'll push her to make a decision in February. I suspect, I'll be President next year. Hence, one reason I started this blog.