Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Review

Had my 90 day performance review at work 60 days too late. That seem to indicate to me that all is going well. I was surprised by the love-fest that ensued. At my other firm, the 2 partners had kind of an unplanned good cop bad cop routine. The one principal I think thought she had to say some negative things in order for it to be constructive. She is a negative person, so it fits. I expected similar because of the 2 personalities I'm dealing with - the principal I work closest with being the bad cop.

No such issue - he started by saying he is 110% pleased with the work I'm doing! It went up hill from there. I hope to make associate this summer when they review promotions. I also hope to make more interview teams & assist more with marketing. On Monday the 20th, we're interviewing for a job with a local university who's recently been a client of mine. That same client has another project coming out later this year, plus another client of mine has a building coming out this summer that we are positioning ourselves for. We have a building there under construction & the young architect handling CA is doing a bang up job. Combine that with my 2 buildings for that client, & we look on paper like a formidable team.

Big thing I need to keep my eye on is the soft marketing. Making sure when the student center at our WVa client comes out, we know about it 6 months ahead of time. Make contacts with my other clients & see what they have coming out, that sort of thing. Both principals agreed that I'm posititioning myself with the firm to be in line for a principalship in the future, which is exactly my goal!