Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mother of sons

I love my wife. Since leaving her job this past summer, I love her even more. She has been truly happy for the first time in several years. If there was any doubt the impact of that negative work environment on her, it has been erased by her happiness, her attitude and the things she's done for our children, for herself & for me in the last 6 months.

Still, things happen that make me laugh. Just now, she was taking our 3 kids and 2 friends to the library. Our 2-1/2 year old had gone outside ahead of my wife. He fell down our front steps. I heard him crying & looked out the 2nd floor window. My 11 year old daughter had him & he seemed fine, just scared. She's yelling for mom & I hear my wife say, "is he bleeding?" Spoken like the mother of 2 sons!