Sunday, December 09, 2007

Random Ramblings

This may seem like an incoherent rant, but its really a bunch of random ramblings.

Its Sunday evening & the Ravens are getting their asses completely kicked by the Colts on Football Night in America - how stupid is it for NBC to call their weekly broadcast that? Anyway, I expected this last Monday when the Ravens hosted the Patriots, but somehow, the Ravens damn near won that game & then decided not to show up tonight. Its 44-7 with 6:31 left in the 3rd & the Ravens just signaled a fair catch off a punt.

That game Monday night was great until the vaunted Ravens defense decided to act like spoiled little girls, especially Bart Scott, earn a bunch of penalties & piss away the win. Then, they completely showed their collective asses by saying how the refs stole the game from them, thus earning about $70K in fines from the league. Way to be classy, Ravens.

My friend Carlie is a huge fan, born & bred in Baltimore. She & I argue about the team - I say they suck & she says they don't. Believe me, they suck. I'm still a fan, but I have to call it like it is.

This weekend was spent in a state of flurry. At 3:15 PM Friday afternoonm, I recieved an e-mail stating the cub scout pack meeting for that night was being cancelled because of weather. It was raining & might threaten to freeze when the sun went down, but who knew? I had to feverishly call some parents & send out an -emial hoping I could get in touch with tall.

It was also my office's "First Friday" office meeting & happy hour. I had a few beers, listened to the bosses & chatted with some compadres. I was home by 7 or so. Wife didn't feel like cooking, so I had the liquid dinner. At some point, wife realized that son did not have a tie to wear the next day for his First Reconciliation. She & son ran out in search of tie. I passed out & somehow got the other 2 to bed.

This blog post is flaming out & so am I. Good night.