Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Territory

I asked my daughter, who's 9, if she knew what a blog is or anyone who has a blog last night. She sort of knew what it is, but didn't know anyone who has one. I've been thinking about starting one for sometime, but really decided to do it this morning while driving to work. I haven't told my daughter or wife I'm doing it. I'll see how it goes & then maybe let them in on it.

I named my blog Father, Husband, Architect because these are the things that define me right now. I have 3 wonderful children, a beautiful & loving wife and I am an Architect. Not the silly software engineer type, but the artist who builds buildings. My children like to tell me I don't really build the buildings, I only draw them. I don't really see it that way...

Lately, my life has seen some interesting twists. I hope to use this blog as something of a journal to help work through some of the issues in my life. A little over 1-1/2 years ago, we found out my wife was expecting our 3rd child. A shock to say the least. Since then, my job has gone away, so I changed firms. I coach soccer, but was excluded from coaching basketball this season by a mean-spirited mother who wanted it all her way. Had some issues with my new job that seem to have straightened out & now I find myself 2nd Vice-President of a professional organization I belong to. The 1st VP has informed me that she cannot step up to President next FY, which means I'll probably end up doing it. That's a small taste of what you'll be reading, should this not bore you too much and you decide to stay tuned. I'll also mix in some sports, politics and other topics.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Its not boring at all! You're doing something with your life!

Marvin Kemp, AIA, FCSI, CDT said...

Thanks very much. I guess I do have a rich & fulfilling if not hectic life!